We do not recommend you work with any third party housing vendor and instead only reserve your hotel room directly with the hotels listed on our Accommodations page.
If you happen to be contacted by a company not authorized please let the conference committee know at firstname.lastname@example.org
BIT does not use a third party to give you the best rates, we negotiate directly with the facilities.
Nous ne recommandons pas que vous réservez votre logement avec un fournisseur tierce. Nous vous suggérons d’effectuer vos réservations de chambres d’hôtel directement avec les hôtels
identifiées sur la page Hébergement de notre site Web
S’il vous arrive d’être contacté par une
BIT ne fais pas affaire avec une tierce partie pour vos offrir les meilleurs prix, nous négocions directement avec les hôtels.
Social items planned for Wednesday, November 9th, 2016:
- MEGA-MINGLE → At 7p.m. on Wednesday evening our welcome reception and Mega-Mingle will take place in the lobby of the SCCN. Stop by to pick up your registration package or chat about the day’s learnings from the Mega Minds On Media event held earlier in the day. Regardless, we can’t wait to welcome you with a free beverage to start your #BIT16 conference!
Social items planned for Thursday, November 10th, 2016:
- #BIT16 Reads Book Club → Our Thursday begins with our #BIT16 Reads bookclub, provided through a partnership with TeachOntario and the Ontario School Library Association and facilitated by Alanna King (aking).
- The Book Club centres around the theme of digital leadership. Each session will last four weeks beginning in June. Feel free to join the learning by registering for the book club, or clubs, of your choice. The books are detailed here. To participate in each discussion, you will also need to register for TeachOntario. For information about our previous Book Club, go here.
- Looking forward to seeing you for breakfast and a byte!
- Thursday ‘AfterSLAM’ Reception → After a full day of learning and listening to all those awesome SLAM sessions, it’s time to unwind with a drink, an appetizer or two, and join new friends and old to mix and mingle. All of this excitement will happen in the Learning Hall, where you will join the #BIT16 Conference Committee for prizes and a social time. Be sure to take advantage of the free beverage ticket (given at the ‘AfterSLAM’ reception in the Learning Hall) and prize ticket for your chance to win some pretty cool prizes!
- Breakout EDU is coming to #BIT16! Join Sylvia Ducksworth, Kim Pollishuke, Sandra Chow, and Leslie Boerkamp at 7:30 p.m. in the Peller Estates Ballroom for a social evening that will be unlike anything you’ve ever experienced before! These ladies will have you completing a series of challenges, revealing clues, and unlocking mysteries in order to win the Breakout EDU game. This unique, fun, and creative game is only available to the first 100 registrants. Don’t delay and register today!
- Do you sing? Can you carry a tune? What about hum? Whether you’re an avid singer or someone who simply likes to toe tap along to favourites of the past or present, the #BIT16 EdTech Karaoke Party is FREE for you! Join us at 8 p.m. at Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville, where a condensed menu of appetizers and house favourites will be available to #BIT16 conference attendees until closing time. Prizes available to be won for those who participate and are in attendance. This party brings conference attendees together to continue to network outside the convention centre.
Social items planned for Friday, November 11th, 2016:
- Rise and shine it’s exercise time! Run, walk, and be active with Alanna, Heather, and Leslie! Join us at 7a.m. at the Marriott Gateway on the Falls. We will strut our stuff through the streets of Niagara Falls and venture down to the falls on our fun run/walk. You don’t need to be an olympian to join us, but if you are, we’ll look forward to your company anyway! We promise to have you back in time for your last day of the #BIT16 conference.